During FACHPACK at Forum PACKBOX, the Green Packaging Star Award of the World Packaging Organisation (WPO) was presented.
On the third day of FACHPACK, Dr. Johannes Bergmair, Secretary General of the WPO, presented the Green Packaging Star Award and the ARA Special Award to companies from the packaging industry. The Green Packaging Star Award has been presented since 2008. The aim of the awards is to shine a spotlight on environmentally friendly packaging and recycling, as well as packaging-related improvements to operational processes in production, logistics, and distribution where environmental aspects are paramount. The WPO is the world federation of international packaging associations. The German Packaging Institute dvi, for example, is a member of the WPO.
The nominees and winners of the Green Packaging Star Awards are entitled to participate in the WorldStar Awards. A glance at the list of participants shows that FACHPACK provides the appropriate international setting for the awards ceremony, says Bergmair. In addition to European visitors, experts from South America, Australia, and South Korea also came to Nuremberg. A large part of the forums’ exhibition program was also translated into English. Bergmair challenged the interpreter before the awards ceremony, however, when he laughingly said, “I’m just the greeting August here, please translate that.”
The winners in the individual categories:
– Category “Environmentally Friendly Corporate Philosophy”: Coveris Group for No Waste Strategy.
– Category “Save Food”: MM Packaging GmbH for packaging dmBio tea
– Category “Environmentally Friendly Product”: Mondi Grünburg for Coral Tray for Biohof Kirchweidach, group photo above
– Category “Environmentally Friendly Production Process” (two winners): DUO PLAST AG for DUO SHAPE EARTH 4 and Schur Flexibles Poland sp. Z.o.o for OneMatch CMYK+X
– Category “ARA Special Award”: Mosburger GmbH for Leveladapt-Box
– Category “Security”: SECURIKETT Ulrich & Horn GmbH for “IT`S Paper” – series of paper-based security seals